Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Martin Fishlock Martin Fishlock is offline

Default Find specific info using search string using VBA

Hi:

You need to add a space after the code as in "09-11111 "

This could be done with

Set C = .Find(trim(ReqNum) & " ", LookIn:=xlValues)

There may be issues with the internet space code so you may need to do this:

Set C = .Find(trim(ReqNum) & chr(127), LookIn:=xlValues)

and then combine them.
--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, www.nyfconsultants.com, Wolverhampton, UK

"laavista" wrote:

An order number is embedded in an email title, e.g., order number in the
email below is 09-11111
€ś 09-11111 for Customer Jones€ť
The order number is not in the same location in each email title.

I am comparing two worksheets to determine the order numbers which do not
have corresponding emails.

The following works to locate the order number above:
Set C = .Find(ReqNum, LookIn:=xlValues)

Unfortunately, order numbers have revisions, e.g., 09-11111_2 and
09-11111_3, etc.

The €śfind method€ť searches within a string and finds 09-11111 when it comes
across an email title containing 09-11111_2. I need it to find the extract
string, e.g., 09-11111 and NOT within a revised order number such as
09-11111_2.

=========
Example:
Find €ś09-11111€ť

€śThis confirms your orders, 09-11111_2€ť (should not find 09-11111 in this
example)
€ś 09-11111 for Customer Jones€ť (SHOULD find 09-11111 in this example)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.