Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data Validation

Using data validation you can create a drop down list using information that
is already on a spreadsheet, however, when I try to get information from
sheet 2 or sheet 3 it will not allow me to click on the individual
worksheets. Is it possible to pull data from other worksheets to create a
drop down list on sheet 1? Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I do a lot of the same things and have the same issues. What I've done is
create a reference column off to the side with the data I want to include in
the drop-down menus, then hide the column at the end. If there's another
way, I'm all ears.

"Té" wrote:

Using data validation you can create a drop down list using information that
is already on a spreadsheet, however, when I try to get information from
sheet 2 or sheet 3 it will not allow me to click on the individual
worksheets. Is it possible to pull data from other worksheets to create a
drop down list on sheet 1? Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On the other sheet that holds the list items, name that range, say "MyList".
In the sheet that holds the data validation cell, setup the data validation,
select List, then in the Source block enter "=MyList" without the quotes.
HTH Otto
"Té" wrote in message
Using data validation you can create a drop down list using information
that
is already on a spreadsheet, however, when I try to get information from
sheet 2 or sheet 3 it will not allow me to click on the individual
worksheets. Is it possible to pull data from other worksheets to create a
drop down list on sheet 1? Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In order to determine a range on a different sheet try this formula in the
source field:

=Sheet2!A1:A50

You just need to know the range and sheet name where the data is stored.
This should work for you.