Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default diagonal split in a cell

I need one row of data on my worksheet to have cells that are split with a
diagonal line, so I can have two values in them. Is there a way to have a
line going from the bottom left to the top right like a slash sign, where I
can have two different values, one on each side?
thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Please don't do this.

If you're ever going to use those values in any other calculation, all those
subsequent calculations become lots more complex.

Use two cells on the same row.

========
But if you want...

You can add a diagonal border to the cell
Select the range
Format|Cells|border tab (in xl2003 menus)

But then you'll have to play around to make the entry look pretty.

The first number, then alt-enter (to force a newline within the cell), then
maybe a few spaces, then the second number.

========
But don't do this. It may look pretty, but it's gonna hurt you later when you
want to actually do something with that data.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can place a diagonal line using FormatCellsBorders

The placement of the data on the right side will have to be padded out with
spaces in most cases.

But there is no way to actually split a cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP