Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default format of zero value

When changing the cell to accounting format all 0 (zero) values change to -

Are there more options available, in particular I would like it if 0 (zero)
would not be displayed at all.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

RightclickFormatCellsCustom format . Type the below for 2 decimal
digits///Adjust the number of digits as per your requirement..

0.00;-0.00;""

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"willemeulen" wrote:

When changing the cell to accounting format all 0 (zero) values change to -

Are there more options available, in particular I would like it if 0 (zero)
would not be displayed at all.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In addition to Jacob's answer, you could also use Conditional Formatting to
set the font color to the background color or use:

Tools Options View and uncheck Zero values.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200853

"willemeulen" wrote:

When changing the cell to accounting format all 0 (zero) values change to -

Are there more options available, in particular I would like it if 0 (zero)
would not be displayed at all.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"willemeulen" wrote:
When changing the cell to accounting format all 0 (zero) values change
to -
Are there more options available, in particular I would like it if 0
(zero)
would not be displayed at all.

I assume you would like to retain the Accounting format for non-zero values,
and you want zero to display as blank only in selected cells, not the entire
workbook.

In that case, select the cells, select Accounting format (Format Cells
Number) and all the options that you want, then select Custom formatting and
edit the string of characters you see in the Type window. What you see will
depend on your localization settings and the Accounting options you select.
But generally it will look like:

string1;string2;string3;string4

Move the cursor after the second semicolon (";") and delete the characters
in string3. Then click OK.

In my case, I started with:

and ended with: