Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default VB Help

Is there a code where you can search 100's of excel files and tell you how
many have links?

CHeers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Probably someone has written something like that in the past, but it's tough
to know if it would even fit your requirement.

2 big questions come to mind to me: where are the Excel files? It's
easiest if all are in one folder, although I have some code that will look in
every folder below a starting point folder or drive and find Excel files in
them.

Second question is what kind of links are you looking for:
Hyperlinks, or
Links between worksheets within a workbook, or
Links between workbooks?

"Stig - tame racing driver" wrote:

Is there a code where you can search 100's of excel files and tell you how
many have links?

CHeers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, as I said earlier, dealing with the workbooks is actually easier than
tracking down the intra/inter-workbook links. Reason for that is that,
unless someone else comes alone and teaches me something I don't know [easily
done], then to find the links you have to "look" at every cell on each sheet
to see if the formula is in a format that indicates a link.

I presume you don't want an easy answer like "Workbook SuchAndSuch.xls
Worksheet SoAndSo Has links" but are probably looking to actually list the
workbook, worksheet and what cell is linked to where?