Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default For each this, then that and that

If I drop the "X" part, the below will shade the cells I want. I just can't
get the syntax for adding - ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1) = "X".

I have tried several versions of this with only undesired results.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank in advance
wal50

Sub MarkCells()
Dim Cell As Range
Dim MarkThis As String
MarkThis = Application.InputBox("Enter Value to Mark", Type:=2)
Set rng = Application.InputBox("Enter Range to check -
A1:A20", Type:=8)
rng.Select
For Each Cell In Selection
If Cell.Value = MarkThis Then
Cell.Interior.ColorIndex = 4 And
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1) = "X"
Next Cell
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe just changing:

ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1) = "X"
Cell.Offset(0, 1).Value = "X"

Since you're not activating/selecting the cell when you loop through them.

(I like specifying the property, too.)

wal50 wrote:

If I drop the "X" part, the below will shade the cells I want. I just can't
get the syntax for adding - ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1) = "X".

I have tried several versions of this with only undesired results.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank in advance
wal50

Sub MarkCells()
Dim Cell As Range
Dim MarkThis As String
MarkThis = Application.InputBox("Enter Value to Mark", Type:=2)
Set rng = Application.InputBox("Enter Range to check -
A1:A20", Type:=8)
rng.Select
For Each Cell In Selection
If Cell.Value = MarkThis Then
Cell.Interior.ColorIndex = 4 And
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1) = "X"
Next Cell

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this - it worked for me

Sub MarkCells()
Dim Cell As Range
Dim MarkThis As String
MarkThis = Application.InputBox("Enter Value to Mark", Type:=2)
Set rng = Application.InputBox("Enter Range to check - A1: A20 ", Type:=8)
For Each Cell In rng
If Cell.Value = MarkThis Then
Cell.Interior.ColorIndex = 4
Cell.Offset(0, 1) = "X"
End If
Next Cell
End Sub

There is no need to do the Select; it did not change the active cell as you
went through the loop
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme