Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change Cells Colour to another

Hi,
I have a workbook, with some 170 tabs of pivot tables with macros set up to
email each sheet out to each person etc.
I coloured all my pivot headers in a light blue, but my dept have now decided
that to make our documents all alike to use Orange as our company logo is
Orange - OMG !!
I have read many posts about how to change colours, but they all seem to talk
about fonts or if certain criteria is met.

I just need to change every light blue cell on all 170+ tabs to Orange.
I have played with the CTRL+F and replace format section, but with no luck.

Can someone please help and let me know if this is possible?

Many Thanks in advance for your help.
Matt

--
Matt Lynn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel 2003
use this macro
adjust A1:I20 range acc. to your needs (=to contain all light blue
cells)

Sub Makro1()
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim cell As Range

For Each cell In Range("A1:I20").Cells
'change your range here

With cell.Interior
If .ColorIndex = 8 Then
.ColorIndex = 46
End If
End With

Next cell
Next ws

End Sub

On 15 Maj, 12:38, "Mattlynn via OfficeKB.com" <u44078@uwe wrote:
Hi,
I have a workbook, with some 170 tabs of pivot tables with macros set up to
email each sheet out to each person etc.
I coloured all my pivot headers in a light blue, but my dept have now decided
that to make our documents all alike to use Orange as our company logo is
Orange - OMG !!
I have read many posts about how to change colours, but they all seem to talk
about fonts or if certain criteria is met.

I just need to change every light blue cell on all 170+ tabs to Orange.
I have played with the CTRL+F and replace format section, but with no luck.

Can someone please help and let me know if this is possible?

Many Thanks in advance for your help.
Matt

--
Matt Lynn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Jarek,
I am not sure if it makes a difference, but i am using Excel 2007.
I have also just realised that the light blue headings, are the defaulted
colour for the pivot formatting tables, and so when i click on them and check
format colour, it is blank.

Will this macro take care of that as its not officlally a colour.

Cheers
Matt

Jarek Kujawa wrote:
Excel 2003
use this macro
adjust A1:I20 range acc. to your needs (=to contain all light blue
cells)

Sub Makro1()
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim cell As Range

For Each cell In Range("A1:I20").Cells
'change your range here

With cell.Interior
If .ColorIndex = 8 Then
.ColorIndex = 46
End If
End With

Next cell
Next ws

I have a workbook, with some 170 tabs of pivot tables with macros set up to

[quoted text clipped - 17 lines]

Matt Lynn