Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default lookup matrix

I have the following matrix. I'm given the values of C and bb
How would i write a macro to get the result? which is 8.

aa bb cc
A 1 2 3
B 4 5 6
C 7 8 9
D 10 11 12
E 13 14 15

thanks
Jack
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jack wrote:
I have the following matrix. I'm given the values of C and bb
How would i write a macro to get the result? which is 8.

aa bb cc
A 1 2 3
B 4 5 6
C 7 8 9
D 10 11 12
E 13 14 15

thanks
Jack

With your data in A1:B6 here is a worksheet function that will do it.

=INDEX(B2:D6,MATCH("C",A2:A6,0),MATCH("bb",B1:D1,0 ))