Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Limits on nested formulas

I am working on a nested formula and if I put more than 7 formulas I get as
message that I have to many formulas, yet according to Excel 2007 help I
should be able to nest 64 formulas. Am i reading that wrong or is something
else going on?
--
Jerry Edge

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have tried in xlsx, xlsm and xlsb and they all give me the same message. I
also get a message that the following feature cannot be saved in macro-free
workbook .VB project. It will not let me save it with a macro
--
Jerry Edge

"Jerry Edge" wrote:

I am working on a nested formula and if I put more than 7 formulas I get as
message that I have to many formulas, yet according to Excel 2007 help I
should be able to nest 64 formulas. Am i reading that wrong or is something
else going on?
--
Jerry Edge

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Thu, 14 May 2009 15:13:01 -0700, Jerry Edge wrote:

I am working on a nested formula and if I put more than 7 formulas I get as
message that I have to many formulas, yet according to Excel 2007 help I
should be able to nest 64 formulas. Am i reading that wrong or is something
else going on?

"to many formulas" is not an error message that you would get related to
excessive nesting (even in prior versions of Excel). Is that really what the
error message says?
--ron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I seem to have worked this on out. It now works. But yoiu are right, the
error message stated that it could not be saved in that format or workd to
that effect. I have another issue. I cannot save a file in with an xlsx
format which is 2007 standard file format, with a visual basic program. I
have a program that changes the size of a drop down box so that I can rerad
it when i click on it and then it boes bask to normal size when I click out
of the cell. When I try to save it with a xlsx extension I get the message,
"following feature cannot be saved in macro-free workbook .VB project Save
in another format."

Jerry

--
Jerry Edge

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

On Thu, 14 May 2009 15:13:01 -0700, Jerry Edge wrote:

I am working on a nested formula and if I put more than 7 formulas I get as
message that I have to many formulas, yet according to Excel 2007 help I
should be able to nest 64 formulas. Am i reading that wrong or is something
else going on?

"to many formulas" is not an error message that you would get related to
excessive nesting (even in prior versions of Excel). Is that really what the
error message says?
--ron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Fri, 15 May 2009 10:55:03 -0700, Jerry Edge wrote:

I seem to have worked this on out. It now works. But yoiu are right, the
error message stated that it could not be saved in that format or workd to
that effect. I have another issue. I cannot save a file in with an xlsx
format which is 2007 standard file format, with a visual basic program. I
have a program that changes the size of a drop down box so that I can rerad
it when i click on it and then it boes bask to normal size when I click out
of the cell. When I try to save it with a xlsx extension I get the message,
"following feature cannot be saved in macro-free workbook .VB project Save
in another format."

Jerry

Why can't you use one of the formats that allows you to save macros?
--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Fri, 15 May 2009 10:55:03 -0700, Jerry Edge wrote:

I seem to have worked this on out. It now works. But yoiu are right, the
error message stated that it could not be saved in that format or workd to
that effect.

That makes more sense. You were probably trying to save a workbook that had
more than seven levels of nesting, as a 97-2003 compatible file.
--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I can and have but wanted to save in xlsx since I am sending the worksheet
out to many people, many who do not know anything about formats. It should
work unless they try to change it. Thanks for your help.

Jerry--
Jerry Edge