Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Question Mark in a box

I am editing a spreadsheet of unknown origins, it has been suggested that it
is copied from html. It is a 4000 line SS. In each cell, at the end of each
text line within the cell, there is a tiny box with a question mark in it. I
have tried to delete, and they will not go away. I have copied and pasted,
pasted special, pasted into Word and back...no luck. In addition, when I
attempt to filter, the list shows only 2 selections. There are no blank
cells.

I am pulling my hair out....Help please!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this,
Edit Go To Special, check 'Objects' OK
If this highlights them all you can delete them.
Regards,
Alan.
"shamrock1269" wrote in message
I am editing a spreadsheet of unknown origins, it has been suggested that
it
is copied from html. It is a 4000 line SS. In each cell, at the end of
each
text line within the cell, there is a tiny box with a question mark in it.
have tried to delete, and they will not go away. I have copied and
pasted,
pasted special, pasted into Word and back...no luck. In addition, when I
attempt to filter, the list shows only 2 selections. There are no blank
cells.

I am pulling my hair out....Help please!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try showing the Control Toolbox toolbar
In xl2003 menus:
View|Toolbars

Then click on the Design mode icon

Then use:
Edit|Goto|Special|objects
and hit the delete key on the keyboard

Then leave design mode (just click on that icon once more)

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You have to show the developer's tab on the ribbon.

That's under the office button|excel options.
It's a checkbox in the top section of the Popular category.

Then look in the Developer's group(?) on the ribbon.

You'll see a big old Design Mode Icon near the middle.