Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default timesheet - excess hours

I am looking for a formula that gives me a figure when a total exceeds a
certain figure.

what formula for " If (cell) exceeds 37 then (this cell) = ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If A1 37 100 else A1..You change 100 to a text string "YES" or to another
value

=IF(A137,100,A1)
--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"iamhappyhaitch" wrote:

I am looking for a formula that gives me a figure when a total exceeds a
certain figure.

what formula for " If (cell) exceeds 37 then (this cell) = ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

iamhappyhaitch;343697 Wrote:
I am looking for a formula that gives me a figure when a total exceeds
certain figure.

what formula for " If (cell) exceeds 37 then (this cell) = ?

Maybe

=if(a137,anothervalue,a1)

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=96146

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Getting closer........I have a value of 39 in cell M35. I want the cell to
show the value above 37. i.e. I need the answer to be 2.
The formula you gave me, gave me a result of 1.625 ??

"Pecoflyer" wrote:

iamhappyhaitch;343697 Wrote:
I am looking for a formula that gives me a figure when a total exceeds
certain figure.

what formula for " If (cell) exceeds 37 then (this cell) = ?

Maybe

=if(a137,anothervalue,a1)

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=96146

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=if(m3537,m35-37,m35)

I do not know where the 1.625 might come from

"Pecoflyer" wrote:

iamhappyhaitch;343697 Wrote:
I am looking for a formula that gives me a figure when a total

exceeds
certain figure.

what formula for " If (cell) exceeds 37 then (this cell) = ?

Maybe

=if(a137,anothervalue,a1)

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -

Pecoflyer's Profile: 'The Code Cage Forums - View Profile: Pecoflyer'

(http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/me...pecoflyer.html)
View this thread: 'timesheet - excess hours - The Code Cage Forums'

(http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=96146)

HOW TO GET FURTHER HELP WITH A WORKBOOK
For further help with it why not join our forums (shown in
the link below) it's completely free, if you do join you will have the
opportunity to add attachmnets to your posts so you can add workbooks to
better illustrate your problems and get help directly with them. Also if
you do join please post in this thread (link found below) so that people
who have been following or helping with this query can continue to do
so. :)