Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Increase Cell reference by 1 for every step

hi all

I have a series of numbers in column A2-A4240 and I need every second cell to appear in another table
but I need it linked so that when the originals update so does the other table, however I haven't found
a way to get every 2nd cell referenced, I put A2 and then A4 in the new table and copy it down but it
jumps to A2 A4 A4 A6 A6

Is there any other way as I don't want to manually type them all in.

Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assume you want the results to appear starting in cell C2.

Enter this formula in C2 and copy down as needed:

=INDEX(A$2:A$4240,ROWS(C$2:C2)*2-1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"akoobra" <akoobra@hotmail wrote in message
hi all

I have a series of numbers in column A2-A4240 and I need every second cell
to appear in another table
but I need it linked so that when the originals update so does the other
table, however I haven't found
a way to get every 2nd cell referenced, I put A2 and then A4 in the new
table and copy it down but it
jumps to A2 A4 A4 A6 A6

Is there any other way as I don't want to manually type them all in.

Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To create linked cells you could:
1. Enter the first two cell references preceded by "=:
"=A2
"=A4
2, Select these two and drag down to fill the range .
3. Select the column and choose DataText to ColumnsFinish