Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default 2007 macro

How can I prevent the workbook that stores my macros from opening each time I
open a workbook?
When I open a saved workbook I have to click the windows icon or reduce the
workbook that contains my macros before the workbook I want opened come up.

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you talking about your personal.xls(b)
Do you see this file?

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"wcurtis" wrote in message ...
How can I prevent the workbook that stores my macros from opening each time I
open a workbook?
When I open a saved workbook I have to click the windows icon or reduce the
workbook that contains my macros before the workbook I want opened come up.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hide the macro workbook(probably Personal.xlsx) under ViewHide

Close Excel and you will asked if you want to save changes.

Click "Yes"

Now it will open hidden when you start Excel.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 12 May 2009 08:15:00 -0700, wcurtis
wrote:

How can I prevent the workbook that stores my macros from opening each time I
open a workbook?
When I open a saved workbook I have to click the windows icon or reduce the
workbook that contains my macros before the workbook I want opened come up.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What to do if your PERSONAL.XLS(B) is visible

When you open Excel and you see PERSONAL.XLS(B) in the title bar you can use this to hide it.

Excel 97-2003: WindowHide
Excel 2007 : On the View tab in the window group choose Hide

Then close Excel and say Yes to save the changes to your PERSONAL file.

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"wcurtis" wrote in message ...