Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Running Percentage

I am a part of a 12 week biggest loser contest. I am trying to create a
spread sheet that will capture the percentage of weight lost each week by
just entering the current weeks weight.

For example:

A B C D
Name Starting Wt Week 1 WT Week 1 Loss % And so on for 12
weeks.

Is there a formula that would help me out

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The below data is in A1:D14 with headers in Row 1
B2 is your starting weight.
B3 is for 1st week and so on..

C3 =(B2-B3)/100
and copy the formula down (weekly % loss)

D3 =($B$2-B3)/100
and copy the formula down (total % loss)

Format Col C and Col D to % style

Week Num Weight Weekly % Total %
Week0 85.5
Week1 85.3 0.20% 0.20%