Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Matching Data

How do I take phone numbers from one column and then match them to another
column so i can see how many numbers are the same?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you just want to identify those duplicated numbers (with a count) then
COUNTIF() can do it for you.

Assume the first column is A and the other column is C with rows used from 2
to 234,
in the first cell next to a phone number in column A put this formula
(assume it's on row 2), so this goes into B2:

=COUNTIF(A2,$C$2:$C$234)
and then fill that down in column B as far as your numbers in it goes. It
will give you a count of number of times each number in A appears in C.

"mattmurr6218" wrote:

How do I take phone numbers from one column and then match them to another
column so i can see how many numbers are the same?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ack!! Can't believe I did that!! Turn the inside of that formula around - I
wrote it backwards, should have been:
=COUNTIF($C$2:$C$234,A2)