Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Count formula help?

I need to count the numbers of columns from A3:T3 which have any value
entered in the cell. I also in another cell need to count the non blank cells
but ignore any cells which contain the text dnb from columns A3:T3

Thanks for any help you can provide.

John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

It depends what you mean by 'value', this counts all populated cells

=COUNTA(A3:T3)

and this excludes dnb

=SUMPRODUCT((A3:T3<"dnb")*(A3:T3<""))

Mike

"John" wrote:

I need to count the numbers of columns from A3:T3 which have any value
entered in the cell. I also in another cell need to count the non blank cells
but ignore any cells which contain the text dnb from columns A3:T3

Thanks for any help you can provide.

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=COUNTA(A3:T3)