Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hyperlink problem.

I created an excel file and insert a hyperlink that points to
"file:///C:\test.txt" without the quotes. It works fine if I don't move the
excel document. When I move the excel file to a flash drive or different
drive, eg. E drive. It gives me "The address to this site is not valid." and
I notice the hyperlink points to "file:///E:\test.txt" instead of the C path
I point it to. I tested this problem on several workstation and it all have
the same problem. Is there an setting that needs to be change? Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Would suggsest to use the HYPERLINK() worksheet function as in below example

=HYPERLINK("c:\test.xls","Click me")

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria