Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula for identify cell format - fill colors

Is there any formula to identify if a range of cells have a color fill?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Formulas can't see colors. How did the color(s) get into the cell... by
Conditional Formatting or manually? If by Conditional Formatting, then you
should be able to use its formula as your test condition. If manually
placed, then you will need VB code. Either way, I think you will have to
supply a more detailed description of what you are attempting to do.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Robert Temple" <Robert wrote in message
Is there any formula to identify if a range of cells have a color fill?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the Reply Rick.

That was the 1st search I did to find if there was a conditional format.
Unfortunately, there is none and the color was entered manually. More detail:
I am have approximatley 900 lines of data and the colored lines represent
closed projects. The non-colored lines are projects still open. I was hoping
I could do a formula to quickly tell me how many projects are open based on
the lines being colored.

Robert

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

Formulas can't see colors. How did the color(s) get into the cell... by
Conditional Formatting or manually? If by Conditional Formatting, then you
should be able to use its formula as your test condition. If manually
placed, then you will need VB code. Either way, I think you will have to
supply a more detailed description of what you are attempting to do.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Robert Temple" <Robert wrote in message
Is there any formula to identify if a range of cells have a color fill?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is the color the only way a row is indicated as being closed? I mean is
there a column with a "final date" in it or some other cell entry that let's
you know the row is closed? If so, then two things... one, a Conditional
Format can be built around it to color the closed cells instead of manually
coloring them and, two, it can be used to count the closed rows. It seems
unlikely to me that the color is the only way a row can be determined to be
closed... I mean, how would anyone know if a line got colored by mistake?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)