Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do i give unique number in set of duplicate number?

15604
15604
15604
15604
15604
16484
16484
16484
16484
16484
16484
19606
19606
19606
19606
19606
23064
23064
23064
23064
23064
23064
23734
23734
23734
23734
23734
23734
23734
I have got this data set and i wanted to give unique number for
ie.15604_1,15604_2 so on ... Can anyone please help me. Vilish
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Suppose you have the data in Col A starting from row 1 ...In B1 enter this
formula and copy that down. Once done copy paste special values to the same
column...

=A1 & "_" & COUNTIF(INDIRECT("A1:A" & ROW()),A1)

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria