Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Problem with Sumproduct...

i'm having data in two pages and my criteria page is third one...i've used
Sum product to get the data with multiple criteria..now what the problem
is..in data pages the product code is starting with "0511652" etc.,. starting
with "0" so it is showing in text and i required "0" starting for the product
is must...i require the formula that has to convert text to number or the
procedure...after converting the product code into number...with that
criteria i want to get the data from the rest of two data sheets.....i hope u
have understand my problem..can any one help????

Thanks in advance....
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello,

Put a double unary minus before your text expression - this will
enforce a transformation into a number:

--A1 will result in 3 if A1 contains a text like "003".

Regards,
Bernd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello,

Please give an explicite example of which data you have and what you
would like to get.

Regards,
Bernd