Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Jon is offline

Default weird things showing up on menu bar

Every now and then I get these funny characters showing up on the menu, and,
they do not always show up.

Just now they showed up when I hit the '/' key.

See screenshot at
http://cid-b712073b3513eb8e.skydrive...ter%20eggs.PNG
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That is apparently an XL2007 shortcut to replace the old Alt-<character
shortcuts that Windows menus provide. The '/' key shows you the characters
that will take you to the item the character is 'over' by pressing that
letter. For example, press the '/' key and then the letter 'p' and you will
be taken to the Page Layout tab on the Ribbon.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Jon" wrote in message
Every now and then I get these funny characters showing up on the menu,
and,
they do not always show up.

Just now they showed up when I hit the '/' key.

See screenshot at
http://cid-b712073b3513eb8e.skydrive...ter%20eggs.PNG

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To turn that off:

Office buttonExcel OptionsAdvanced

At the bottom of the page:

Lotus CompatibilityMicrosoft Office Excel menu key

Clear the / from the boxOK

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP