Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cross reference

Hi
I would like to make one cell for a reference (page number, say page 5) for
the stuff I have before it, to find clarifying explanations. The page number
5 would point to a to an page number (7) where the explanation is situated.
Suppose now I create my work further and he original explanation (on page 7)
gets moved into ,say page 10. My question would be: "Is there a mechanism
that automatically corrects the reference page number 7 on page 5 into 10 or
do I have take care of that manually? There is such a way in Word. It is
called Cross Reference.
--
seeker
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Short answer: not in the fashion you are thinking of from Word.

That is, you can't have a page number referenced and get that updated in a
cell. BUT what you can do is set up a hyperlink to that location in the
workbook. You might use a generic phrase like "See Reference" in the cell.

Once you get the text typed into the cell, select the cell and use Insert
-- Hyperlink to identify the sheet and cell where the reference is/begins.

Hope this helps you some.