Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help with a Formula

Hi,

I require help with a formula, I'm tring to get the cell H7 to return a
result of "completed" if the cell L7 hold anytype of value either text or
number.

If L7 is blank then H7 will also remain blank.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In H7 place the following formula:

=IF(NOT(ISBLANK(L7)),"Completed","")

That should do the trick.
--
Kevin Backmann
Dallas, TX

"btyler" wrote:

Hi,

I require help with a formula, I'm tring to get the cell H7 to return a
result of "completed" if the cell L7 hold anytype of value either text or
number.

If L7 is blank then H7 will also remain blank.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Kevin, Many thanks for your help that worked great.

In my H7 cell I also managed to write an 'IF' formula as follows:
=IF(I70,"OVERDUE","Not Due") how could I incorporate the foluma you have
just given me to work with my IF formula.

Basicly I want my IF formula to work 1st but as soon as something is
entered into L7 i want that rule to take president.

i tried this but had no luck =IF(I70,"OVERDUE","Not Due") +
=IF(NOT(ISBLANK(L7)),"Completed","")

Many Thanks

"btyler" wrote:

Hi,

I require help with a formula, I'm tring to get the cell H7 to return a
result of "completed" if the cell L7 hold anytype of value either text or
number.

If L7 is blank then H7 will also remain blank.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think this is what you're trying to accomplish:

=IF(AND(NOT(ISNUMBER(L7)),NOT(ISBLANK(L7))),"Compl eted",IF(AND(ISNUMBER(L7),L70),"Overdue","Not Due"))

If it's not a number and it's not blank you want it to say "Completed",
otherwise if it is a number and it's greater than 0 (zero) you want it to say
"Over Due", otherwise if it is a number and it is 0 you want it to say "Not
Due".

Hopefully I got that right...
--
Kevin Backmann