Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Ron is offline

Default Rename imported MS Access field names

Hi,

I have created a corporate dashboard in Excel 2007 that is importing a MS
Access 2007 query into an Excel table. It works well and refreshes data as
needed, but the table column headers appear to come in as the MS Access field
names. In otherwords, I cannot seem to change the column header "ProjNum" to
"Project Number". I also want to keep the "Filter" buttons next to the
headers on the Excel table to allow for easy data sorting.

It looks like there was a way to create descriptive header columns for
imported data in Excel 2003/Access 2003, but not in the 2007 version. I have
looked for ways of doing this both in Excel 2007 as well as by using the
"caption" property in MS Access 2007 with no luck.

This seems like it should be a pretty simple task to do - am I missing
something?

Thanks much for any insight you can give!

Ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How about aliasing your field names in your Access query. In design mode
type the label you want to see in Excel and then a colon followed by the
field name.

Project Number:[ProjNum]
--
Kevin Backmann