Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Remove a line

I have an Excel file with a line that I cannot remove. I looks like a border
but does not cover the entire width of the cell. It is not an underline, an
arrow or line (from drawing toolbar), text box, etc. If I delete the entire
row, the line simply moves up in the spreadsheet.

Any thoughts...

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try to right-click the line and delete it.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200851

"Tony F" wrote:

I have an Excel file with a line that I cannot remove. I looks like a border
but does not cover the entire width of the cell. It is not an underline, an
arrow or line (from drawing toolbar), text box, etc. If I delete the entire
row, the line simply moves up in the spreadsheet.

Any thoughts...

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If GS's technique doesn't work...

It could be an object from the control toolbox toolbar (like a combobox or a
listbox or anything that's flat on top). And it could have been squished to
make it look like a line.

Show the Control toolbox toolbar (View|toolbars in xl2003 menus).
Click the design mode icon
Now try rightclicking on that "line" to select it and then hit the delete key

Then click on the design mode icon to get back to normal.

Tony F wrote:

I have an Excel file with a line that I cannot remove. I looks like a border
but does not cover the entire width of the cell. It is not an underline, an
arrow or line (from drawing toolbar), text box, etc. If I delete the entire
row, the line simply moves up in the spreadsheet.

Any thoughts...

Thank you.

--

Dave Peterson