Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Curser will not stop selecting cells

In any worksheet that I have open as soon as I select one cell, it keeps
going. I cannot cancel the select and I cannot perform any function or use
excell at all! The only way I can get out of it is to close the worksheet by
right clicking on the Windows task bar where the excel sheet shows and
selecting Close.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
i suspect that you or someone may have accidently tapped the F8 key. that
is the "extend selection" key. it's boolene meaning that tap once to turn on.
tap again to turn off. so tap the F8 key and see if that cures your problem.

Regards
FSt1

"SandiW" wrote:

In any worksheet that I have open as soon as I select one cell, it keeps
going. I cannot cancel the select and I cannot perform any function or use
excell at all! The only way I can get out of it is to close the worksheet by
right clicking on the Windows task bar where the excel sheet shows and
selecting Close.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have tried this several times. Before I get "stuck" and after. If I do it
before I see the EXT at the bottom of the screen after I tap F8, still gets
stuck. If I make sure no EXT is at the bottom, still gets stuck.

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Next time it happens tap F8

Mike