Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data subtotals with Text

Before you call me nuts - hear me out:
I have a list for vehicle gas usage by date. i would like to sort the
vehicle column and then get a subtotal by money spent for gas.

When I use Dat the subtotal and SUM I get zero because it is a text field.
I want to SUM on the cost spent per vehicle.

Any suggestions?
--
Is it the times or the Zeitgiest?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select both your Car type column, AND the cost column.
Now go to Data - Subtotal.
It will give you the option to give a subtotal at each change in Car type,
and then sum the costs.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M