Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ast ast is offline

Default Able to select multiple values in a drop-down list in Excel 2007?

I'm trying to create a drop-down list where the user can select more than one
value in the list, any ideas as to how?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
what kind of drop down? combo box? data validation?
doesn't really matter. this type of control does not have multiselect
capabilities.
but a list box does have multiselect capabilities so you might want to
consider that.

regards
FSt1

"ast" wrote:

I'm trying to create a drop-down list where the user can select more than one
value in the list, any ideas as to how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Using Data Validation dropdown list.................yes.

Download a sample workbook from Debra Dalgleish's site.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DV0017

Note that you can have the selections in an adjacent cell or in the same
cell.

As written it creates a comma delimited list of selected entries.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 6 May 2009 07:00:01 -0700, ast
wrote:

I'm trying to create a drop-down list where the user can select more than one
value in the list, any ideas as to how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Able to select multiple values in a drop-down list in Excel 20

I'd like to use this (and did successfully a few years ago, that was then...)
How do i get the code to run when in a specific cell? My worksheet has fields
where i do want to restrict to one selection from drop down/validation.
--
Thank you