Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Splitting text using an HTML tage as the identifying place to brea

Hi, I use Excel on a regular basis but more for mailing and website data
purposes, rather than using complex formulae so I'm looking for advice re the
best way to go about the following.

I need to split the text contained in each cell of one column from a point
where the text in the cell is pre-fixed with an HTML tag; for example:-
Blah, blah, blah. <strong Blah, blah, blah.

So I need the first three blahs in one column and the last three in another.

The amount of text is different in each cell, the only identifier of where I
need to break the text is the HTML tag.

Thanks for anyone's help! C

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Splitting text using an HTML tage as the identifying place to

Thank you! Will give it a whirl now.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=LEFT(A1,FIND("<",A1)-1)
=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("",A1))