Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Wordwarp

Dear Colleagues,
I have a document with 300 characters in a cell and it will not Wordwrap. In
earlier versions I have seen text in cells with many more characters. Is
there a setting that I am missing? I have Version 2007 but our users have
Excel 2002, or 2003. Thanks.

Louis
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Did you set the cell to wrap text?
Format|cells|alignment tab (xl2003 menus)

Are you sure that it's not wrapping?
Maybe it's wrapping ok, but the cell is merged and autofitting the rowheight
doesn't work with merged cells.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dear Dave,
I have it set to Wordwrap using Format Cells, Alignment, Wordwrap(Checked).
The cells are not merged. I have seen many text driven spreadsheets with lots
more text in cells than I have. I would appreciated any more ideas on
settings. Would I need any Visual Basic Code? Thanks.

Louis

Louisq wrote:

Dear Colleagues,
I have a document with 300 characters in a cell and it will not Wordwrap. In
earlier versions I have seen text in cells with many more characters. Is
there a setting that I am missing? I have Version 2007 but our users have
Excel 2002, or 2003. Thanks.

Louis

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you can't format the cell via the userinterface, I don't think code will
help.

I've never seen a problem with just 300 characters in the cell. I have seen
problems (not wordwrap, though) with lots of text in the cell.

The text is visible if you select the cell and look at the formula bar. But it
just sort of "fizzles out" after a lot (more than 300) characters. Wordwrap
continues to work, too.

This doesn't seem to apply, but maybe...

Do you use multiple monitors?
There have been some people who complained that the text would appear in the
formula bar, but not in the cell in the worksheet.

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...09488256478b2d

or

http://snipurl.com/1crbf

Mike Brambley posts a link to a suggestion that worked for him.