Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 23
Default Conditional Formatting - Greyed Out

I have selected the series that I want to apply Conditional Formatting,
however, it is greyed out. Please advise!
  #2   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru
 
Posts: 1,867
Thumbs up Answer: Conditional Formatting - Greyed Out

Steps to troubleshoot Conditional Formatting issue in Excel:
  1. Select the correct range of cells to apply Conditional Formatting.
  2. Ensure that you are on the correct worksheet.
  3. Verify that the cells you want to format are not locked.
  4. Check if a filter is applied to your data and clear it if necessary.
  5. Close and reopen your workbook to fix any stuck issues.

If you are still having trouble, please let me know and I'll be happy to assist you further. Additionally, if you can provide more details about your issue, such as the version of Excel you are using or the specific type of Conditional Formatting you are trying to apply, it may help me provide more targeted assistance.

Formula:
//Sample macro code
Sub ApplyCF()
    
Range("A1:A10").Select
    Selection
.FormatConditions.AddColorScale ColorScaleType:=3
    Selection
.FormatConditions(Selection.FormatConditions.Count).SetFirstPriority
    Selection
.FormatConditions(1).ColorScaleCriteria(1).Type _
        xlConditionValueLowestValue
    Selection
.FormatConditions(1).ColorScaleCriteria(1).FormatColor.Color _
        7039480
    Selection
.FormatConditions(1).ColorScaleCriteria(2).Type _
        xlConditionValuePercentile
    Selection
.FormatConditions(1).ColorScaleCriteria(2).Value 50
    Selection
.FormatConditions(1).ColorScaleCriteria(2).FormatColor.Color _
        8711167
    Selection
.FormatConditions(1).ColorScaleCriteria(3).Type _
        xlConditionValueHighestValue
    Selection
.FormatConditions(1).ColorScaleCriteria(3).FormatColor.Color _
        8109667
End Sub 
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
  #3   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 35,218
Default Conditional Formatting - Greyed Out

Is the worksheet protected?

Is the workbook shared?

Kara wrote:

I have selected the series that I want to apply Conditional Formatting,
however, it is greyed out. Please advise!


--

Dave Peterson
  #4   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lee lee is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 184
Default Conditional Formatting - Greyed Out

Hello there

Wondering if you can help.

I have problem with worksheet at work. Running 2003. I have in some cells
formula with if and hlookup. It picks up colour in cell pending answer. IE
if comes back due then cell says due and changes to yellow if expired then
expired returns andcell changes to red. THese have been set up for some time.
I have had to add new columns and rows. In the new ones they are changing
to due and expired but not picking up colours. I have looked into
conditional formatting but it is greyed out and I cannot select it. The
worksheet is not locked but it is shared.

Can you advise something please.

Also if can help. I can't merge cells on the new ones I have added. I have
checked and the worksheet is not locked.


--
Thanks for the help

Lee


"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Is the worksheet protected?

Is the workbook shared?

Kara wrote:

I have selected the series that I want to apply Conditional Formatting,
however, it is greyed out. Please advise!


--

Dave Peterson

  #5   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 35,218
Default Conditional Formatting - Greyed Out

I'd ask the same questions...

Is the worksheet protected?

Is the workbook shared?


Lee wrote:

Hello there

Wondering if you can help.

I have problem with worksheet at work. Running 2003. I have in some cells
formula with if and hlookup. It picks up colour in cell pending answer. IE
if comes back due then cell says due and changes to yellow if expired then
expired returns andcell changes to red. THese have been set up for some time.
I have had to add new columns and rows. In the new ones they are changing
to due and expired but not picking up colours. I have looked into
conditional formatting but it is greyed out and I cannot select it. The
worksheet is not locked but it is shared.

Can you advise something please.

Also if can help. I can't merge cells on the new ones I have added. I have
checked and the worksheet is not locked.

--
Thanks for the help

Lee

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Is the worksheet protected?

Is the workbook shared?

Kara wrote:

I have selected the series that I want to apply Conditional Formatting,
however, it is greyed out. Please advise!


--

Dave Peterson


--

Dave Peterson


  #6   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lee lee is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 184
Default Conditional Formatting - Greyed Out

Yes I have checked and it is not locked however it is a shared. Would moving
it from 2003 into 2007 help. If I could edit it in 2007 would I lose editing
when I put it back into 2003.

--
Thanks for the help

Lee


"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I'd ask the same questions...

Is the worksheet protected?

Is the workbook shared?


Lee wrote:

Hello there

Wondering if you can help.

I have problem with worksheet at work. Running 2003. I have in some cells
formula with if and hlookup. It picks up colour in cell pending answer. IE
if comes back due then cell says due and changes to yellow if expired then
expired returns andcell changes to red. THese have been set up for some time.
I have had to add new columns and rows. In the new ones they are changing
to due and expired but not picking up colours. I have looked into
conditional formatting but it is greyed out and I cannot select it. The
worksheet is not locked but it is shared.

Can you advise something please.

Also if can help. I can't merge cells on the new ones I have added. I have
checked and the worksheet is not locked.

--
Thanks for the help

Lee

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Is the worksheet protected?

Is the workbook shared?

Kara wrote:

I have selected the series that I want to apply Conditional Formatting,
however, it is greyed out. Please advise!

--

Dave Peterson


--

Dave Peterson

  #7   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 35,218
Default Conditional Formatting - Greyed Out

In xl2003, you can't change conditional formatting in a shared workbook.

I didn't look at xl2007, but you either test it or look for:
"features unavailable in a shared workbook"
in xl2007's help.

Lee wrote:

Yes I have checked and it is not locked however it is a shared. Would moving
it from 2003 into 2007 help. If I could edit it in 2007 would I lose editing
when I put it back into 2003.

--
Thanks for the help

Lee

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I'd ask the same questions...

Is the worksheet protected?

Is the workbook shared?


Lee wrote:

Hello there

Wondering if you can help.

I have problem with worksheet at work. Running 2003. I have in some cells
formula with if and hlookup. It picks up colour in cell pending answer. IE
if comes back due then cell says due and changes to yellow if expired then
expired returns andcell changes to red. THese have been set up for some time.
I have had to add new columns and rows. In the new ones they are changing
to due and expired but not picking up colours. I have looked into
conditional formatting but it is greyed out and I cannot select it. The
worksheet is not locked but it is shared.

Can you advise something please.

Also if can help. I can't merge cells on the new ones I have added. I have
checked and the worksheet is not locked.

--
Thanks for the help

Lee

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Is the worksheet protected?

Is the workbook shared?

Kara wrote:

I have selected the series that I want to apply Conditional Formatting,
however, it is greyed out. Please advise!

--

Dave Peterson


--

Dave Peterson


--

Dave Peterson
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Conditional Format - greyed out? NICGRANT Excel Worksheet Functions 5 May 22nd 09 05:02 PM
How can I convert conditional formatting into explicit formatting? Patrick Harris Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 April 9th 09 12:00 AM
Protect Cell Formatting including Conditional Formatting Mick Jennings Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 November 13th 07 05:32 PM
Conditional formating is greyed out and unavailable Strider Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 October 5th 06 06:39 PM
Conditional Formatting that will display conditional data BrainFart Excel Worksheet Functions 1 September 13th 05 05:45 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2023 ExcelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Microsoft Excel"