Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default The Dates change when sheet copied to a new workbook

Everytime I copy or move a spreadsheet with dates to a new workbook, the
dates change. I have tried removing formulas from the dates, but nothing
works. It is very time consuming to keep fixing this. What on earth am I
doing wrong
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are the dates different by 4 years and 1 day?

If yes...

One workbook was using a base year of 1900 and the other was using 1904.
(tools|options|calculation tab|1904 date system in xl2003 menus)

One way to add (or subtract) those four years back is to find an empty cell, put
1462 into that cell.

Copy that cell.

Select your range that contains the dates. Edit|PasteSpecial|click Add (or
subtract) (in theoperation box) and check values.

You may want to do it against a copy...just in case.

Most windows users use 1900 as the base date. Mac users (mostly??) use 1904 as
the base date.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Robyns521 wrote:

Everytime I copy or move a spreadsheet with dates to a new workbook, the
dates change. I have tried removing formulas from the dates, but nothing
works. It is very time consuming to keep fixing this. What on earth am I
doing wrong

--

Dave Peterson
Dave,

Thanks for the tip! I was driving myself nuts trying to solve the problem.
Your solution works PERFECTLY!

Stan