Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2002: Need to increase capacity of selecting / deleting blan

Hi,

I have an Excel Worksheet with a report say A1:Q65000 generated by another
system. Each of the data line has a blank row below it.

If I need to delete those blank rows without altering its sequence, I would
highlight A1: A65000 and use F5 Special Select blank and click delete
rows to eliminate them

For Execel 2002, I notice that I could only select blanks up to about 18000
lines , any rows above 20,000 lines the system would return with "Selection
too large"

Is there anyway MS could increase the capacity of this function to select
the blank of the entire worksheet ?

At present only about 27% of the empty rows in the entire worksheet could be
deleted using this method, I think is not statisfactory in terms getting
quick job and high productivity.

Appreciate very much if MS could also evaluate the performance of Excel 2007
in this area.

This function is important as it is more frequently to work on reports
generated by other business system in Excel format nowadays.

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mr. Low,

The earliest supported version of Excel is 2003, there will not be any
changes made to 2002.

Mr. Low wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2002: Need to increase capacity of selecting / deleting

Hi Bob,

Noted with thanks.

MS may upgrade later versions if it is necesary and is beneficial for all
the users.

Thanks

Low

--