Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jay Jay is offline

Default Formula Auditing

Hello, my quesiton is about formula auditing. When I audit a cell that
references another cell in a different workbook, I get a line that ends in an
icon of a worksheet. Is there a way to find out the name of that
worksheet/workbook?? any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
--
Cheers!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would call this one of Redmond's *counter-intuitive* designs:

Hover the cursor over the *dotted line* until it changes to an arrow,
THEN, double click.

Why they didn't use the sheet icon ... ?!?!?

This brings up the "Go To" window, where the path(s) is (are) displayed,
where you can click on them and navigate to the actual location.

This will even open a closed WB.
--

HTH,

RD