Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I get rid of the link cell showing the linking formula

Sometimes when I link a cell to another in a different spreadsheet it will
only show the formula not the result.
E.g.

The cell shows "='[PNP stockasat220409(1) Working V2 New SKU
identified.xlsx]Stock List - Supplier Informati'!A4"
This is seen, I owuld have expected the value in the cell reference to show.
This is only happening sometimes.
Any ideas on how to correct?
Andrew

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This happens when the cell containing the formula is formatted as TEXT.
Change the formula to GENERAL.

Also make sure that the first character in the cell is = and you have not
inadvertently entered ' before =