Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default premium solver education

Hello, I'm taking a systems and industrial engineering class, and
we're using: Optimization Modeling with Spreadsheets by Kenneth R.
Baker. This book has a cd with the premium solver, educational
version. The problem is that it just won't work with excel 2007 and
we're at the point now when we HAVE to use the extended solver, not
just the one that comes with excel.

I went to the website and they require a class code and a book code to
download the latest educational version that works with excel 2007. I
don't know what the book code is, all I see behind my book is the isbn
and the bar code. I emailed them but it's saturday and I kind of need
it for monday. Is there any way I can make my current CD install
properly and work with excel 2007?

I posted this in another group but a friend told me it's better to
post it here and in the public group.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

wonka -

Please provide more details about "it just won't work with excel 2007."

- Mike

http://www.MikeMiddleton.com

"wonka" wrote in message
Hello, I'm taking a systems and industrial engineering class, and
we're using: Optimization Modeling with Spreadsheets by Kenneth R.
Baker. This book has a cd with the premium solver, educational
version. The problem is that it just won't work with excel 2007 and
we're at the point now when we HAVE to use the extended solver, not
just the one that comes with excel.

I went to the website and they require a class code and a book code to
download the latest educational version that works with excel 2007. I
don't know what the book code is, all I see behind my book is the isbn
and the bar code. I emailed them but it's saturday and I kind of need
it for monday. Is there any way I can make my current CD install
properly and work with excel 2007?

I posted this in another group but a friend told me it's better to
post it here and in the public group.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

of course, sorry for not giving more details the first time.

The version of premium educational software that comes with my book is
for Office 2003 and older, not for office 2007. I can double click the
exe file and install it, but a) I just won't see it in the add-ins, or
b) I see it and when I activate it all my solver spreadsheets are
unusable because excel gives me an error everytime I open it, saying
that the xla file is currupted, missing or it just won't work.

The problem is that I can't get the one at the website because my book
apparently doesn't have the code necessary for get it.

I don't know if there's a way to install the one I have or if I just
have to buy another book that has the cd for excel 2007 or what.