Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Frequent workbooks

There are about 10 workbooks that I open every day, usually several times a
day. Excel remembers the last 9 files, not the 10 most wanted.

is there an easy way to put these at my fingertips (like the links across
the top of Firefox, or some drop-down menu where I can put what I want on).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Why dont you try this.

Open all 10 workbooks.
Save As WorkSpace.
Opening this workspace will open all 10 workbooks.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"widman" wrote:

There are about 10 workbooks that I open every day, usually several times a
day. Excel remembers the last 9 files, not the 10 most wanted.

is there an easy way to put these at my fingertips (like the links across
the top of Firefox, or some drop-down menu where I can put what I want on).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In 2003 check under menu 'File'.. Save as WorkSpace
In 2007 check for 'Save WorkSpace' tab under 'View'

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"widman" wrote:

There are about 10 workbooks that I open every day, usually several times a
day. Excel remembers the last 9 files, not the 10 most wanted.

is there an easy way to put these at my fingertips (like the links across
the top of Firefox, or some drop-down menu where I can put what I want on).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No, I rarely want all ten open at a time, and some are templates. I only
have 4 GB of RAM. There are several that will only open in a certain order
without giving VISTA or Excel 2003 an error message that there are not enough
resources and destroy my links and formulas.

"widman" wrote:

There are about 10 workbooks that I open every day, usually several times a
day. Excel remembers the last 9 files, not the 10 most wanted.

is there an easy way to put these at my fingertips (like the links across
the top of Firefox, or some drop-down menu where I can put what I want on).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

OK. If there is an order, why dont you try placing a link to the 10th
worksheet in the 9th .

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"widman" wrote:

There are about 10 workbooks that I open every day, usually several times a
day. Excel remembers the last 9 files, not the 10 most wanted.

is there an easy way to put these at my fingertips (like the links across
the top of Firefox, or some drop-down menu where I can put what I want on).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I can't have all 10 open at once. Not enough memory. but I need all 10 or so
available without navigating all over the place each time I need them.

I'm looking for a one stop way to have them available