Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Input box and filters

I would like to use an input box to ask a person for (up to) 2 keywords and
then copy those words to a custom filter to search through approx 10,000
lines of data.

I haven't been able to figure out how to get an input box with 2 seperate
lines for keyword entry's and then copy those words over to the 2 fields in
the custom search.

Any help would be very welcomed.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I still haven't figured out how to get an input box with 2 seperate lines for
entering words.

Thanks.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

First, try recording it and then come back with more questions.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Still Learning" wrote in message
I would like to use an input box to ask a person for (up to) 2 keywords and
then copy those words to a custom filter to search through approx 10,000
lines of data.

I haven't been able to figure out how to get an input box with 2 seperate
lines for keyword entry's and then copy those words over to the 2 fields
in
the custom search.

Any help would be very welcomed.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sub Macro1()

firstwd = InputBox("Enter a word")
secondwd = InputBox("Enter a word")
Range("B1").Select
Selection.AutoFilter
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=3, Criteria1:=firstwd, Operator:=xlOr, _
Criteria2:=secondwd
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP