Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Next without For..?

Hi,

I've written this bit of basic code to hide some rows for me:

Sub hiddenrow()

Range("A1").Select

For i = 1 To 516
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
If ActiveCell.Value = "hiddenrow" Then
Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True
Else

Next i

End Sub

but when I try to run it it, it comes up with the Compile Error 'Next
without For'
I've used For & I can't see what I've done wrong! Can anyone help please?

Thanks
merry_fay
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Every IF statement would need a End If Statement which is missing in your
code..

Sub hiddenrow()

Range("A1").Select

For i = 1 To 516
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
If ActiveCell.Value = "hiddenrow" Then
Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True
Else
'somthing
End If
Next i

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"merry_fay" wrote:

Hi,

I've written this bit of basic code to hide some rows for me:

Sub hiddenrow()

Range("A1").Select

For i = 1 To 516
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
If ActiveCell.Value = "hiddenrow" Then
Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True
Else

Next i

End Sub

but when I try to run it it, it comes up with the Compile Error 'Next
without For'
I've used For & I can't see what I've done wrong! Can anyone help please?

Thanks
merry_fay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"merry_fay" wrote:

Hi,

I've written this bit of basic code to hide some rows for me:

Sub hiddenrow()

Range("A1").Select

For i = 1 To 516
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
If ActiveCell.Value = "hiddenrow" Then
Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True
Else

Next i

End Sub

but when I try to run it it, it comes up with the Compile Error 'Next
without For'
I've used For & I can't see what I've done wrong! Can anyone help please?

Thanks
merry_fay

Just an idea...

Sub hiddenrow()