Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Printing multiple copies in Excel 2003

Our office is having problems printing multiple copies of a worksheet,
sometimes.

Windows XP SP3, Office 2003 SP3, all updates are current and installed
(managed by WSUS).

In a worksheet, I click on File - Print, I specify the number of copies to
be more than one, such as three, I click on Print, and only one copy prints
out. Even with a brand new workbook/worksheet, same thing. However,
sometimes, multiple copies will print. This has been tested on several
different computers and printers throughout the office. I have even tried
this with Excel 2007, same thing.

If I try to print multiple copies in Word, it works fine.

I started up a new Excel 2003 workbook and entered a bit of information on 2
cells. I then told it to print to various printers throughout the office, 3
copies on each printer. Some printed 3 copies, some didn't. 3 of the
printers are pretty much identical. Only one of those 3 printed 3 copies.

Clicking the print button 3 times is not a big deal. However some users
need to print several hundred copies, and photocopies are not an option.
This only started being a problem in the last couple of weeks, roughly.
Could it be an office or Windows update that caused this problem? What other
suggestions do you have?

Thanks
Fred