Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Which formula?

Office 2007
I am looking for a formula that will do the following;
If cell B6 equals Belmont, then cell B7 should equal 8.00, if cell B6 equals
SPS, then cell B7 should equal 8.50, if cell B6 equals Cascade or Net or
Special, then cell B7 should equal 9.00
I also have to be able to add more names to this formula.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Create a list like below in Sheet2 in Col A with names and values in Col B..

Belmont 8
SPS 8.5
Cascade 9
Net 9
Special 9

In Sheet1 B6 you have the name typed
B7 use this formula

=VLOOKUP(B6,Sheet2!$A$1:$B$25,2,TRUE)

--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"Canon" wrote:

Office 2007
I am looking for a formula that will do the following;
If cell B6 equals Belmont, then cell B7 should equal 8.00, if cell B6 equals
SPS, then cell B7 should equal 8.50, if cell B6 equals Cascade or Net or
Special, then cell B7 should equal 9.00
I also have to be able to add more names to this formula.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can have a maximum of 25 items in Sheet2. If you want to change it you
can...

Try with 5 names without changing the formula in B6...and if you fine...go
through the help on VLOOKUP()..

Post back incase of any queries

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria