Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Running Total

I would like to keep a running total of $$ won and lost for a sports wagering
project I am working on. As seen below I would like to input the risk amount
in column A and the potential "to Win" amt in column B and then when I type
the result in Column C (either win or loss) the formula will put auto
populate the win or loss amount in the result column D for that individual
bet and also keep a running total in column E. Can anyone help me with a
formula for this? thanks very much.

Example:
A B C D E
$110 $100 Win $100 $100
$220 $200 Win $200 $300
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assume you enter W or L in column C.

Entered in column D:

=IF(COUNT(A2:B2)=2,SUMIF(C$2:C2,"W",B$2:B2)-SUMIF(C$2:C2,"L",A$2:A2),"")

Copy down as needed.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"tsondrini" wrote in message
I would like to keep a running total of $$ won and lost for a sports
wagering
project I am working on. As seen below I would like to input the risk
amount
in column A and the potential "to Win" amt in column B and then when I
type
the result in Column C (either win or loss) the formula will put auto
populate the win or loss amount in the result column D for that individual
bet and also keep a running total in column E. Can anyone help me with a
formula for this? thanks very much.

Example:
A B C D E
$110 $100 Win $100 $100
$220 $200 Win $200 $300

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Enter this in C1
=IF(C1="Win",B1,IF(C1="Loss",-B1,""))
and copy down

Enter in E1
=C1
Enter this in D2 and copy down
=E1+D2

"tsondrini" wrote:

I would like to keep a running total of $$ won and lost for a sports wagering
project I am working on. As seen below I would like to input the risk amount
in column A and the potential "to Win" amt in column B and then when I type
the result in Column C (either win or loss) the formula will put auto
populate the win or loss amount in the result column D for that individual
bet and also keep a running total in column E. Can anyone help me with a
formula for this? thanks very much.

Example:
A B C D E
$110 $100 Win $100 $100
$220 $200 Win $200 $300

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

when I type the result in Column C (either win or loss)
the formula will put auto populate the win or loss
amount in the result column D

Ooops!

I forgot about that part.

--