Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data Match up

Hi
I have a dat of around 2500 line in 2 sheets of a workbook(in Excel 2003), I
need to match up these data with eachother.
the data in column A(sheet 1) should match with A(Sheet 2) than it should go
and find the next condition that it should match column B and than same for
column C. I tried Vlook up, but couldn't succeed with it.

The data seems as below...
sheet 1
347 1-Dec-2004 4,000
347 1-Dec-2004 3,150
347 1-Dec-2004 5,000
347 1-Dec-2004 3,000
347 1-Dec-2004 11,000

sheet 2
347 1/12/2004 4,000
347 1/12/2004 5,000
347 1/12/2004 3,000
347 1/12/2004 10,000
347 1/12/2004 1,150
347 2/12/2004 5,000

So now it sould give me match for the 3 numbers.....

Can any one help me for this as it could ease up my work a lot.....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Dear, try the below formula in Sheet1 D1. I assume you have data from the
row 1 onwards upto 2500. Please note that the below is a array formula. In
cell D1 press function key F2 to edit and paste the formula. Please make sure
the formula goes into one line. Press Ctrl+Shift+Enter to apply this formula.
Once done you can notice the curly braces in the formula bar. Please try and
feedback

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(A1&B1&C1,Sheet2!$A$1:$A$2500&Sheet2 !$B$1:$B$2500&Sheet2!$C$1:$C$2500,0)),"","Exist")

The formula will return an "Exist" if the values exist in Sheet2 or
otherwise blank.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"K****ij" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It works to my greatest Surprise.... I am so glad and thankful to you because
it took me a day to reach till 600 mark which the formula did in negligable
time.....
Thank you......

"K****ij" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc