Dave Mc

Default Deafult Data Source Folder

I have some saved Queries. To run them, I go to DataImport External
DataImport Data. This opens to a folder called "My Data Sources" which is
under MyDocuments on my C drive. is there a way to configure Excel to open
to a diferent folder by default. I know how to change the default
spreadsheet folder but not this one ????
Gord Dibben

Dave

Doesn't appear so.

I went into the registry and changed the folder name from My Data Sources to
hoohah.

Excel found hoohah in My Documents when I asked to Import Data.

I then moved hoohah out of My Documents to GordStuff folder.

When I went to DataImport etc. Excel re-built hoohah in My Documents but any
queries I created were not there, they stayed with the moved folder.

Tried several times with differing names, but Excel or Windows re-builds the
folder in My Documents no matter what it is named.

And sticks the default MS Queries like the Stock Quotes and Money Central into
that folder.

With TweakUI you can change the location of Special Folders like My Documents
if you wish, but when I do, My Data Sources goes with it so not much point.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP