Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Calculation of workdates

I have a spreadsheet that calculates a future date based upon the number of
free days allowed from a pick up date. Example: Pick up date 4/7/2009,
number of free days 14, last free date 4/20/2009. However if this date
returns a weekend date I need it to tell me the prior work date available
less any holidays. Does anyone know the formula for this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 07:19:02 -0700, nbaker
wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that calculates a future date based upon the number of
free days allowed from a pick up date. Example: Pick up date 4/7/2009,
number of free days 14, last free date 4/20/2009. However if this date
returns a weekend date I need it to tell me the prior work date available
less any holidays. Does anyone know the formula for this?

You can use the WORKDAY function.

If I understand your request, the answer will be given by a formula in the form
of:

=workday(pick_up_date + free_days, -1, holidays)

Holidays is an array listing all of the applicable holidays. It can be a
reference to a range of cells.

If the formula returns the #NAME error, look at HELP for the function for
instructions as to how to install the Analysis ToolPak.
--ron