Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula

I have a speadsheet- Each column is a different value. Each row is a diffent
person. I want to be able to put an X in the column by the name of the
person. I want this X to be the value of the column. Then I want to be able
to add all the X's and get their totals to the right. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

2 2 2 4 1 2
NAME X X = 6
NAME X X X = 5

--
Thanks Pam
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
I assumed that the values are in row1 from column C to E then in column F
enter the formula as follow

=SUMPRODUCT(--(C2:E2="x"),$C$1:$E$1)

Change the range to fit your needs

If this helped please click yes, thanks