Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Fill down visible cells only

Hi All,

I have a subtotalled sheet, only subtotal rows are visible. I entered a
formula in the 1st subtotal row and I'd like to fill it down through subtotal
rows only. Is there a simple way (in Excel2007)? Dragging is not good because
it effects the hidden rows, too.

Thanks,
Stefi
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Fill down visible cells only

Hi Stefi,

Yes, there is a simple way to fill down through only the visible subtotal rows in Excel 2007. Here are the steps:
  1. Select the cell with the formula you want to fill down.
  2. Press Ctrl + G to open the Go To dialog box.
  3. Click on the Special button in the bottom left corner of the dialog box.
  4. Select the Visible cells only option and click OK.
  5. Excel will now select only the visible cells in the range.
  6. Press Ctrl + D to fill down the formula in the selected cells.

This will fill down the formula through only the visible subtotal rows, without affecting any hidden rows.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Stefi,
make copy, then select the range , press AltG, special, select visible cells
only, then paste

If this helped please say yes, thanks

"Stefi" wrote:

Hi All,

I have a subtotalled sheet, only subtotal rows are visible. I entered a
formula in the 1st subtotal row and I'd like to fill it down through subtotal
rows only. Is there a simple way (in Excel2007)? Dragging is not good because
it effects the hidden rows, too.

Thanks,
Stefi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Eduardo, your way partly does the job, but 2 problems remain:
1. It overwrite the header (row 1) as well,
2. It fills ALL rows (it's more than 1 million in Excel 2007).

Any further idea?
Regards,
Stefi

€˛Eduardo€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

"Stefi" wrote:

Hi All,

I have a subtotalled sheet, only subtotal rows are visible. I entered a
formula in the 1st subtotal row and I'd like to fill it down through subtotal
rows only. Is there a simple way (in Excel2007)? Dragging is not good because
it effects the hidden rows, too.

Thanks,
Stefi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Stefy,
One question with your subtotals the first one will not start in row1 so
select only the range with subtotals, I tested it and worked

"Stefi" wrote:

Hi All,

I have a subtotalled sheet, only subtotal rows are visible. I entered a
formula in the 1st subtotal row and I'd like to fill it down through subtotal
rows only. Is there a simple way (in Excel2007)? Dragging is not good because
it effects the hidden rows, too.

Thanks,
Stefi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Stefi,
Another thing be sure you select Visible cells , it should be copying the
formula into the subtotal rows,
Wait a minute I know what happens, select to see only the subtotals # 2 in
your left upper and then do what I told you

"Stefi" wrote:

Hi All,

I have a subtotalled sheet, only subtotal rows are visible. I entered a
formula in the 1st subtotal row and I'd like to fill it down through subtotal
rows only. Is there a simple way (in Excel2007)? Dragging is not good because
it effects the hidden rows, too.

Thanks,
Stefi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Selecting first B2:Bn (n is row No of last subtotal) via Goto, then following
with selecting visible cells it worked, thank you! Microsoft should provide a
new feature in filling: Fill visible cells only!
Stefi

€˛Eduardo€¯ ezt Ć*rta: