Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Protecting Worksheet Beyond Column Z

I have protected my Workseet but for some reason, all the columns starting
with AA will not protect?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

For protection to work the cells must be locked. Select the coluns and

Format|Cells - protection tab and ensure locked is checked

Mike

"Kiley" wrote:

I have protected my Workseet but for some reason, all the columns starting
with AA will not protect?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Unprotect the sheet.

Ctrl + a(twice in XL2003) to select all sheet cells.

FormatCellsProtection............set to "locked"

Now protect the sheet.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 09:51:04 -0700, Kiley
wrote:

The cells are locked.....