Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Ron is offline

Default Highlighting Like Names in a Column

Hi, There is probably a simple answer for this, but it eludes me. I have a
sheet that tracks customer sales by sales manager. The sheet is laid out as
follows:
A B C D
Salesmen Customer Name Year Jan Sales Feb Sales
1 1 Customer A 2008 123
123 2 2009
123 123
3 1 Customer B 2008 123
123
123
5 2 Customer A 2008 123
123
2009 123
123

What I would like to be able to do is highlight the customers in column B
that show up more than once, to let the users know that the customers sales
under that particular salesmen does not represent all of the sales to that
customer. It would be great if the customer name could be formatted a
different color. There is always a blank cell under the customer name for
the 2009 year, so I would need it to ignore the blanks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click on B2 and:

Format Conditional Formatting... FormulaIs
=AND(COUNTIF(B:B,B2)1,B2<"") and pick a nice color

then copy B2 and paste/special/formats down the column
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200847