-   -   Sum Totaled based on Matching Identical Criteria in Worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/228253-sum-totaled-based-matching-identical-criteria-worksheet.html)

Rob

Sum Totaled based on Matching Identical Criteria in Worksheet

Hello,

First, thanks for taking a look.

I have a spreadsheet that has dates in Column A beginning on Row 3. The
date is lised in this format: Nov-08

In Row 1, beginning in Column B, our several other dates all listed by month
beginning with this month and ending 36 months in the past (goes back 1 month
in each cell). These dates are all listed in the same format (i.e. Apr-09).
Cell B1 has Apr-09 while cell C1 has Mar-09, etc.

In row 3 - beginning in Column B I will have numbers (dollar figures) below
each date in Row 1.

I need to match the date in Column A, row 3 (example: Nov-08) to the same
date in Row 1 (in this example it would end up being G1 (Nov-08). I need a
formula that tells my sum to only include data to the left of Nov-08 in row 1
because it matches the data in A3. There will be data entered in Columns H -
Z but I only want my sum to include those amounts in Columns B-H (based on
the matching dates).

Column A Column D Column E Column F Column G
Column H
Feb-09 Jan-09 Dec-08
Nov-08 Oct-08
Nov-08 $5 $10 $7
$5 $15

The sum I am hoping to get (in AA3) to be $27 (Columns D - G -- Not H).

In row 4 I will have a different date (like Jan-09) and new dollar amounts.
The formula will adjust the sum based on the matching dates.

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE!!

T. Valko

Sum Totaled based on Matching Identical Criteria in Worksheet

The date is lised in this format: Nov-08

Ok, so what is the actual date? Assuming the dates are the 1st of the month.

For example...

G1 real date is 11/1/2008 formatted to display as Nov-08
A3 real date is 11/1/2208 formatted to display as Nov-08

Try this:

=SUMIF(B1:K1,""&A3,B3:K3)

--
Biff